***UPDATE - CURRENT FUNDING HAS BEEN EXPENDED. NO ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.***
$200,000 in COVID-19 Rent, Mortgage & Utilities Assistance for City of Pueblo Residents Available through 12/30
Pueblo City Council has approved an emergency ordinance to provide an additional $200,000 in rent, mortgage, and utility assistance for City of Pueblo residents from the coronavirus relief fund project. Initial funds were received under the federal Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act. All funds must be spent by December 30.
Anyone needing assistance must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must demonstrate residency within the City of Pueblo
- Applicant must disclose other local, state and federal rent, mortgage, or utility assistance received or applied for and shall not be eligible to receive duplicate benefits
- Applicant must demonstrate economic hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic
Anyone needing assistance should call ONE of the following organizations. No walk-ins will be accepted due to COVID-19.
- Catholic Charities, Diocese of Pueblo – 719-544-4233
- NeighborWorks Southern Colorado – 719-544-8078
- The Salvation Army of Pueblo – 719-543-3656
Those seeking assistance should not call United Way of Pueblo County as United Way will be serving as the fund administrator and will not be processing individual requests. All assistance will be provided through Catholic Charities, NeighborWorks of Southern Colorado, and Salvation Army Pueblo Corps.